*Images courtesy of TOYOTA Motor Corp., NISSAN Motor Co., Ltd., HONDA Motor Co., Ltd. and MITSUBISHI Motor Corp.
"Earn college credits while immersed in another culture and engage your intellectual curiosity with the latest findings in automobile industries in Japan that focus and succeed on a level you never thought possible. Join NUSIP for six weeks and experience the full range of Japanese cultural life. Course-related excursions will also provide you with an opportunity to discover amazing Japanese cultural scene that has enticed and entranced observers for generations".
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019, 5:00 PM (Japan Standard Time)
Course Duration: June 12 to July 18, 2019
- Seminars on Latest Advanced Technology and Tasks in Automobile Engineering (400 level) (3 credits)
- Elementary Japanese Language Course (100 level) (3 credits)
(Students with previous Japanese language experience will be offered a more advanced language course.)
- Automobile industry factory and laboratory visits
- Cultural excursions
40 overseas students (including maximum of 5 students from the universities NOT having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University), and 10 Nagoya University students
$2,500 US, for students enrolled in the universities having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University
$2,700 US, for students enrolled in the universities NOT having concluded academic exchange agreements with Nagoya University
Both fees exclude meal and air-ticket expenses.
Accommodation in Nagoya, the Japanese language course, orientation, cultural excursion and social activities are included in the program fee.
(Nagoya University students will have the fee for the Automobile Engineering course waived, but will be charged for cultural excursions and social activities.)
- NUSIP Special Lecture in 2014: Prof. Toshio Hirota, "Technology Innovation and Challenge for Sustainable Mobility"
>> Click here to view the presentation PDF file
(The document is provided as a courtesy by Prof. Toshio Hirota)
- NUSIP Special Lecture in 2013: Prof. Hiroshi Shimizu, "Electric Vehicles for the Future" (The following document is provided as a courtesy by Prof. Hiroshi Shimizu)